40/50/60/70 years old? Injured ? Out of shape ? Come and join our Walking Football session and try the fastest growing sport in the UK. Its the beautiful game without the running.
Walking Football is one of the latest crazes in the football world. It is an activity that gives those that have given up the chance to get back into the sport they love.
As you’ve guessed Walking Football involves a lot of… well… walking. It carries all the same rules as every day football except you can’t pick up too much speed. It provides a sociable, fun and safe environment for those looking to be a little more active in their spare time.
- Players are encouraged to avoid sprinting, running or jogging while the ball is in play
- Anyone doing so is penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team
- If the ball goes off the pitch over the touchline, the game is restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in (to allow for different physical capabilities)
- Numbers per team are dependent on the number of participants at each session
- Variations and game adaptations can be made to suit participants’ needs and capabilities.
Chris Hill Community Sports have a number of successful sessions already up and running (or should we say walking) that are open to everyone. For more information please get in touch.